Friday, February 1, 2013

TUTTO BENE

Today (Friday) we went to Tutto Bene for Lunch in Southbank as a group.
 

I had never been before but I was sitting at my desk drooling over their menu which I found online.
 
The atmosphere was great and it wasnt too busy when we arrived. We had a table out on the balcony sitting in the sun with a gorgeous view looking over the yarra and the city.
 
 
I loved the feel of the place, true italian style and the waiter was a beautiful old italian man! You could just feel the love. Speaking about feeling all I could feel was my stomach eating itself I was so hungry by this point.
 
First they served us Bread and Oil - My pet hate is when places dont serve vinger. I cannot eat just oil.. One of my colleauges put some salt and pepper in the oil to mix it up abit.
 
I had such a hard time ordering as I wanted everything on the menu - Not kidding.
I ended up ordering the Italian and fennel sausage risotto with tomato and basil. Not one word of a lie it was amazing. The meat just melted in my mouth and the rice was perfect.
 
Sadly thou - Look what I found in my risotto?
 
 
 A nice chunk of plastic/glass - Im not sure what it was as I couldnt bend it?
 
Not impressed at all. It was such a downer especially since we had a fantastic meal!
The Waiter was very apologetic and gave me a free chocolate.. I understand it wasnt the waiters fault as it came from the kitchen but it was a huge letdown!

Despite, I would love to recommend this place just based on the food and service.

 
 

5 comments:

  1. That place sounds lovely, except for the creepy thing you found in your food... lucky you didn't bite it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is lucky you didn't swallow that.

    I like risotto but it always looks really disgusting on the plate - a sludgey mess. Is that just me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, that sounded mouthwatering until the last part! So cool to see you enjoying melbs :)

    P.S thanks for your lovely comment on my blog the other day *hugs* xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, but i'm sorry I think foreign object in my food = FREE MEAL! Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily you didn't eat that thing!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete